domingo, 9 de maio de 2010
Makes about 3 dozen
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest, plus 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
* 4 1/2 ounces almond paste
* 2 large egg whites
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 1/3 cups packed sweetened flaked coconut, (about 4 1/2 ounces)
* 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Process granulated sugar and orange zest in a food processor until combined, about 3 minutes. Add almond paste; process 1 minute. Add egg whites, orange juice, confectioners' sugar, flour, half of the coconut, and the salt; process 1 minute. Remove blade, scraping batter into bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in remaining coconut.
2. Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on to baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake macaroons until the edges start to turn brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer parchment and macaroons to a wire rack; let cool completely. Macaroons can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.
From Martha Stewart Living, September 2006 | Send a Free Preview Issue!
More Ideas Like This